Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thought Full Thursday


Last night I hosted the young women from my ward in my home to carve pumpkins. I was sitting on the floor with one of the girls while she was working with something intricate on the ground. I was talking to her just asking casual questions and she was working on what she was doing and answering me. I didn’t think twice about the situation. Then she stopped looked up and said “I am sorry, I am not looking at you while I am talking to you.” She said it very politely as if she really wanted my pardon. It really took me by surprise. I have always been to multi-tasking type. I talk while I am doing something and rarely look people in the eye while I am talking to them. I thought it was so amazing that this girl half my age had been raised in a way that shows respect to all she interacts with. I hope I can be better in that regard and for that matter I hope I can be a parent like hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment