Tuesday, March 9, 2010

OMG!

Beware! This posting has a rating of M for graphics only suitable for Mothers’ Eyes.
I haven’t had many OMG! moments as a mom yet but I must say if there ever was one it happened today.
Since Garrett has started formula and solids he has gotten a bit clogged up so the doctor recommended a little prune juice. The first time we gave it to him he had about 2 oz and the next day there was a horrific explosion, thankfully I wasn’t there and Jeremy had to clean it all up. Well I decided to give it try again last night. He only got about 10 swallows not even an ounce which I thought would help things move along but not cause any disasters. Man was I wrong! This morning I gave Garrett a bath, and then he had a bottle. After he had finished I was burping him when I heard him begin to push. He had gotten through half of his business when he began to puke because his stomach was full and he was pushing so hard. I got half a bottle down my shirt so I laid him down to get cleaned up. While I was cleaning myself up the rest of the disaster unfolded. Copious amounts of liquid poop everywhere. The mess was soo appalling that I seriously considered cutting his shirt from off of him. It was all a loss. Thankfully, I had been changing him on a towel. So, we had to make another bath and get a new outfit but before he knew it we were all cleaned up like nothing had ever happened. What an Adventure! If you dare there is evidence below.



3 comments:

  1. Ohhh poor boy and mommy! I have seen that...and smelt it, not fun! I guess these just make the little moments better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuck! :( Been there DONE that, lol. I noticed your post below too about the blogs you follow. Camille Roskelley was one of my best friends in high school, funny that you follow her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! YUCK! That is all your child-less sister has to say.

    ReplyDelete