Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Pioneer Woman With A Bad Attitude

So there is this woman, many of you may know her as THE PIONEER WOMAN. If any of you know her story she essentially finds herself in a situation that she never expected to be in (the wife of a cowboy living in the country) and her blog is about how she makes the best of every day in her situation. But, if you are familiar with her blog you know that her situation isn’t too shabby and she is having a ball with her life! Though I know I will NEVER have as good of an attitude about life as she does I have decided to do something similar with my blog.

About 6 months ago I found myself utterly discontent with my life. My husband had been begging to relocate to his home town of Burley Idaho and completely fed up with my circumstances I gave in and agreed to move 45 minutes away to his rural home town. We bought an older home that needs some work and settled in about 3 months ago (July 2010). Well I should have known that I couldn’t run from my problems they only followed me as I discovered a few more issues like ZERO friends, new ward and calling, and a very slim retail selection. So I am going to take the next year and document each day how I am trying to make the best of my situation. (And I Do Not Promise To Have A Good Attitude About It)

Mondays will be about the crafts I am making and the fun I find in my hobbies

Tuesday will be about cooking and trying new recipes (which is one of my new favorite things to do)

Wednesday will be about my new diet and what I am doing to try to healthy-up my family

Thursday will be about building my testimony and helping my family draw closer to the Savior

Friday will be about the improvements we are making to our fixer upper home

The goal is to improve my life and find happiness in the process and you are invited to join me along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment