Monday, November 22, 2010

Make It Monday

 Recently I was called to be an advisor in our Young Women’s group in our ward. I look around and all the other leaders are hip and cute and wear designer clothes. For some reason I don’t really “get” fashion; I can recognize what is cute but can’t pull it together. I wanted to have something new to wear to church that might make me look “with it” but it needed to accommodate my needs as an active mother. I wanted a dress but couldn’t find anything the right length so I decided to sew something myself. I couldn’t find a dress pattern I loved so I settled for a skirt pattern with POCKETS!!! Sew-cute ;) Anyway, the skirt as designed would only hit my knees so I lengthened it and added 9 inches so it would hit me mid-calf. I found some cute material at my local quilting shop and had at it. The pattern was relatively simple but I have been sewing for over 15 years. It took me about a day with all my other motherly obligations and I was happy with how it turned out. I have included some pictures, sorry my body doesn’t do it justice, it is much cuter in person.  

2 comments: