Tuesday, November 2, 2010

T.V. Dinner Tuesday


This last week I wasn’t able to make all 4 recipes from Sandra’s Money Saving Meals Episode:
Grilling On A Stick           which aired October 18th


http://www.foodnetwork.com/sandras-money-saving-meals/grilling-on-a-stick/index.html


We were just too busy and had dinner plans other places but I was able to make


Sausage and Pepper Skewers with Grilled Polenta






Round 2 Recipe - Sausage and Pepper Baked Ziti




(Sorry I Forgot To Take Pictures While Preparing)

The Sausage and Pepper Skewers with Grilled Polenta meal was easy to make the only problem was that I couldn’t find Polenta at the grocery store. I don’t even know what it is but the T.V. show made it look like cornbread so I didn’t make the Polenta. I saved 2 skewers for the round two recipe which was amazing! I chopped up the sausage and vegetables from the skewers and put it in some crushed tomatoes and poured it over the already cooked pasta and baked it for 30 minutes. Jeremy just couldn’t stop raving. He said that it was restaurant quality. Then I had to break it to him that if I keep following the show we would never have this recipe again. He was heart broken.

1 comment:

  1. Your food posts make me drool! It all looks soo yummy! and your hubby needs to be smacked for not liking gravy!!

    ReplyDelete