Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thought Full Thursday

When I was a young girl in young womens I had a leader who gave me a binder and challenged me to begin a journal. Beginning that day I wrote in that binder every single day even if it was just to say “Today was totally boring.” Soon that binder was full and I began another and then another. For at least 6 years solid I wrote in my journal every day. When I began college I tried to continue with that tradition but with my busy schedule I often fell behind. Finally when I got married and began a family my journal writing had become nonexistent. With my search to find greater spirituality I have began writing again. It is amazing to me what a release it is. Unidentified emotions get bottled up inside and pressure builds and somehow just writing it all down seems to clear my mind and heart even if the problem isn’t resolved. I don’t know if I would say that writing brings you closer to God but clearing your soul from all that stress certainly allows the spirit to enter in and hopefully that will bring me closer to HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment